Settings for MUD clients
— Secure connections: dungeon.smartmonsters.com port 9295.
— Insecure connections and vanilla telnet: port 9294.
Many of our blind players use VipMud. We've also tested with the clients listed here. These are the settings that work for us. If you use a client that's not on this list, please let us know; we'll include your configuration settings here.
Note that Dungeon assumes a white background. The suggested settings below imitate our GUI clients.
- Start your session with "#ssl dun dungeon.smartmonsters.com 9295"
- Start your session with "#session dun dungeon.smartmonsters.com 9294"
Mac & Win:
- Server address: dungeon.smartmonsters.com
- Port: 9295
- check the "Secure" check box In Settings->Color View:
- set Foreground and Command line foreground all the way black
- set Background, Command line background and Command background all the way white
- set Light yellow to something a bit darker
MUDRammer (iOS only):
- Host: dungeon.smartmonsters.com
- Port: 9295
- SSL/TLS: on In Advanced Settings:
- turn off "Semicolon Commands"
- turn on "Simple Telnet Mode" In Themes:
- we recommend the "Snowblind" theme: this is the same color scheme as our GUIs
- Vanilla telnet: nothing special.
Our implementation is very simple. We do not support MCCP, MMCP, or telnet options.
Not yet a member? Get started today!